Am I the only one feeling a bit anxious about the election today? Yeesh! Didn’t think so… That’s why I compiled Five Feel Good Distractions For Election Day to remind you that no matter what happens today, everything will work out well.
So whenever your co-worker starts spouting their unsolicited political rhetoric at you, or when you get attacked by your friends and their family members on Facebook for having an opinion about a candidate, or when you see happy engagement photos of your ex (wait, that one isn’t election related, wtf), or when you feel like sticking your head in the sand to drown out all the negative noise featured in the media today, I invite you to click on any or all of the following links to bring your mindset back to joy, because that’s where the magic happens.
1. Parents Pranking Their Kids. You might have already seen this one, but I’ll share it anyway. It’s a montage of parents telling their kids that they ate all of their Halloween candy (but really they shipped it out to the troops overseas). It’s a fun prank inspired by Jimmy Kimmel, and you may feel slightly guilty for enjoying it, but hey, there are worse things you could do (according to Grease’s Rizzo). Click here to watch the video.
2. The Cubs Sing It To Win It. Speaking of Rizzo, how about this delicious heart warming video of Anthony Rizzo, David Ross, Dexter Fowler, and oh that Billy Murray guy singing”Go Cubs Go” on SNL’s Weekend Update? I get tears of joy every time I watch it, and I’m not even a Cubs fan. Click here to watch the video.
3. A Villian For Hope. It’s Noah for the win in this heart-warming video about a seventh-grader who finds her strength with the help of her friends, family, and the lovely people at The For The Win Project. Star Wars fans you’re going to love this one. Warning: Expect sudden explosions of warm and fuzzies. Click here to watch the video.
4. Gratitude Leads To Happiness. Here’s one where a group of unsuspecting adults are asked by the folks at Soul Pancake to write a letter of gratitude to the most influential person in their life, and then they’re asked to do something unexpected. It’s an awesome experiment on how people go from sad to happy within minutes. Click here to watch the video.
5. I’ve Been In Love With Love. I will never get tired of this song, band, and music video. The Mowgli’s will always and forever be one of my favorite bands, and this music video is the one that won me over years ago. The message is all about one love for all and small acts of kindness, which is a lovely reminder today and every day. Click here to watch the video.
Well there you go. I know I felt really good putting these together for you this morning, and I’ll most likely come back to them throughout the day to watch again and again and again to remind me that no matter what happens today, there is still an abundance of good in this world, and I am so eternally grateful for it.
I hope you enjoyed these as much as I did, if not more, and I invite you share them with your circle to pass on the feel good vibes. Oh and let me know which ones were your favorites so we can geek out on them together. Talk soon! :)
Feel good and make magic…